Monday, January 29, 2007

1st Day of ELD Club

I'm about to leave for my first day of ELD Club, an after school class geared for English Language Development at an Oakland public elementary school. This is the program that inspired me to start this blog. I want to use this place as a forum for me, my students and my fellow teachers to keep track of all the significant and not-so-significant details of our everyday interactions in the classroom. Hopefully through time, all of us will begin to appreciate the snapshots of life that will help us capture the drops of minute details that make our lives so unique and cherishable.

I'm feeling a little nervous about going into the classroom again after a whole winter of not being a teacher. I am also feeling cautiously nervous about sharing the classroom with 2 other student teachers like myself. I'll tell you more when I come back in a few hours. And hopefully by then, I will also have some pictures to share. :) ciao for now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.