Monday, March 19, 2007

My Fear

I can't believe this Friday will be the last day of my ELD club. I have this secret fear that all of the fun and exciting posts generated from my work with the students will start slowing down as I stop working with them directly come this Friday. Although, I still plan to share my own reflections and wonderings about teaching, learning and master thesis writing here, I am extremely concerned about the student work and feedback portion of this blog.

Part of me feel disappointed at myself for not having setup a more robust access system to the blog for the students who don't have computers at home. As much as I found resources and support that are available at their elementary school, thanks to our generous librarian, Luz, and her six WORKING computers in the library, the chances my students will walk themselves to the library during recess to read and respond to my blog are extremely slim. So, what do I do? How can I continue to reach out to and be reached by my students out in this vast and seemingly far-reaching on-line world once I'm no longer there to guide them?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Ms. Niki. You've planted so many important seeds.

I myself have never read or responded to a blog until today. Thank you for your inspiration!
-CC

Anonymous said...

I think you did the right thing about what you wrote about us and what are we going to do in ELD club.I think you did a wonderful job what wrot about. Thank you for your inspiration!

Ms Niki said...

Thank you Juan Carlos and CC for your encouragement. I will keep trying to post interesting things even after ELD club.